Leathercraft Basics: Stamping
Time & Place
Learn the basics of working and crafting leather with this hands-on experience with expert leathersmith and saddle-maker—and all-around nice guy—Brad Cooper. You'll learn basic leather stamping techniques by working on your own set of vegetable tanned leather coasters.
What You Will Learn:
- Introduction to basic leatherworking tools
- Safety in the leather shop
- Selecting the right materials for the job
- Basic stamping tools and techniques
- How to create your own design
What You Take Home
- A set of four handmade leather coasters from vegetable tanned leather
Recommended for Folkies ages 14 and up (youth with adults only). Have younger children you want to bring? Kindly Email us before you register to talk make arrangements.
Head Folkie for the Day
Brad Cooper began working leather at age 12 in his native Texas and started an apprenticeship in saddlery during his sophomore year in high school. After learning the cutting saddle trade, Coop began making saddles for other disciplines including roping, reining and barrel racing. He's credited with having built over 600 saddles, and his work has been featured in the Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal and on the cover of Texas Parks and Wildlife magazine.
- 1 Adult (18+)$85$85Sold Out
- 1 Youth (14+ w/ adult)$65$650$0