Kids Class: Ice Cream & Homemade Cones
Time & Place
Parents and grandparents, bring the kids and learn to make homemade ice cream, just in time for July 4! We'll learn to make yummy vanilla and chocolate ice creams, and then experiment with fun and creative mix-ins. We'll also learn to make homemade sugar cones for an afternoon of all-American fun!
What You Will Learn
- How to make a "Philadelphia-style" ice cream mix
- Packing an ice cream churn with salt and ice to do it's job well
- The joy of hand cranking an ice cream maker—just like grandpa used to do!
- How to make and shape sugar cones
- Adding ingredients for a satisfying, one-of-a-kind batch of all-American ice cream
What You Take Home
- One pint of your personal creation (unless you eat it all first!)
- A hand-made sugar cone form for use at home
What To Bring
- Tupperware or a big glass jar to take your ice cream home in
- Any mix-ins you want to experiment with (we'll have some traditional favorites ... and a few surprises too!)
Recommended for Folkies of all ages (First adult free with at least one kiddo!)
Head Folkie for the Day
Making ice cream for the annual July 4th celebration was a time honored tradition in the Hooten house back in Oklahoma, and Cal-Folk co-founded Jon Hooten has continued his love affair with ice cream ever since. His general principle? The weirder the better ... though he has a healthy respect for the traditional as well. His hope for the class is that young minds will be impressed with the experience of cranking their own ice cream on a warm summer afternoon.
- Sold Out1 Adult + Child$15$150$0
- Sold OutEach additional child or adult$10$100$0