Sat, Aug 04|
Santa Ynez Valley
Birds & Breakfast
A beginning bird watching experience with gentle hiking, bird identification, and a hearty breakfast
Time & Place
Aug 04, 2018, 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Santa Ynez Valley
As if a morning hike lead by birder Matt (and his sweet dog Poppy) isn't enough, a home cooked hot breakfast will be waiting upon your return. While this is designed for beginner birders, all are welcome.
What You Will Learn
- Species of birds currently in the area
- Basics of bird identification (i.e., markings, call, behavior, etc.)
- General information about migration, habitat and human interaction with both
What You Take Home
- Exposure to the sights and sounds of native birds
- A full belly
What To Bring
- Layers of clothing for changing temperatures and conditions
- Sturdy and comfortable shoes
- Water to stay hydrated
- Binoculars, if possible (we'd bet you have a friend who has a pair you could borrow)
Cal-Folk will take care of the rest!
No experience necessary, and recommended for Folkies ages 5 and up (children with adults, please). Have younger children you want to bring? Kindly email us before registering to talk possibilities and make arrangements.
Head Folkie for the Day
Matt Caliguire has been birding since college and has traveled to various parts of the world, appreciating the birds and people he encounters along the way. Now residing in Santa Barbara, the birds of California have most of his attention, second only to that of his wife and new son. When not teaching for Cal-Folk, Matt is a project manager for a Santa Barbara construction and design firm.
1 Adult (18+)
Class fee covers instructor's time and expertise, plus breakfast.$25.00Sold Out
1 child (12+ w/ adult)
Class fee covers instructor's time and expertise, plus breakfast.$15.00Sold Out
This event is sold out